ELF is an independent interior design Not-For-Profit 501(c)(3) foundation chartered in New York State and fully tax exempt under the IRS code. Founded in 1992, ELF has awarded over 60 scholarships to outstanding students pursuing a course of study in the field of interior design from the New York Metropolitan area curricula recognized by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA). Annually, ELF produces the Horace Havemeyer III State of Design event, honoring the late founder and publisher of METROPOLIS.
In our mission to promote the future of interior design, universal and sustainable design and
to encourage respect for the environment and the planet, ELF is committed to:
- Establish and provide scholarships to outstanding students engaged in a course of study
in the field of interior design.
- Produce the annual ELF Horace Havemeyer III State of Design.
- Provide research grants in the field of interior design pertaining to health, safety and the environment.
- Honor contributions to the field of interior design by colleagues and design related entities.
- Honor contributions to the field by, and the memories of, those no longer with us.
Thank You To Generous ELF Benefactor
- ASID NY METRO CHAPTER